DIAKONIA - Greek word used in the Bible and early church for 'service, ministry' especially among the poor and the oppressed but also in the whole Church, for the sake of spreading the Kingdom of God on earth. It is an essential part of the apostolic, prophetic, evangelistic, pastoral and teaching ministry of all believers, sharing in the kingly, prophetic and priestly office of Christ. We engage in various services and ministry or, led by the Holy Spirit, create new opportunities to engage in the culture, Church and social life, thus making personal and communal impact.
We aspire to train and equip ALL people involved in DIAKONIA. In the next years we will offer skills training (ministry schools: classes & workshops), team training (leadership and discipleship in your area of expertese) and mentoring (personal instruction and advice) programs.
prayer & Fasting
1. MINISTRY TEAMS: Prophetic, Healing and Deliverance for Mass, Adoration, Gatherings.
2. INTERCESSION: Quarterly local Intercession on locations during four fasting periods (Nativity Fast, Great Lent Fast, The Apostles Fast, Annunciation Fast)
3. DISCERNMENT: Gathering and praying through prophetic insights.
1. MUSIC FOR LITURGY: Mass, Adoration.
2. CHANTING in the Liturgy of the Hours.
3. MUSIC for Gatherings, Community Dinners, Alpha, Parish Missions and outreaches.
2. Web and social media.
1. Creating the environment of belonging for Gatherings, Adorations, Mass, Agape, Stone to Flesh School of the Heart, Ministry Schools: creativity, food, welcoming.
2. Volunteers for events coordination and training.
Altar service for monthly Adoration and occasional Masses
works of mercy
We receive Father's love, we surrender to the Presence and Action of God and we act from the place of hearts transformed to exemplify true com-passion.
Urban Mission, Pomona
Urban Mission is working among the poor and post-incarcerated in the Pomona area. We are collaborating with St. Denis YAM serving there monthly in cooking, serving the food as well as establishing relationships and praying for the guests.
This ministry has an ecumenical setting.
Contact Michael Ramirez for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly outreach: Saturdays 1:00pm (food making) or 3:00 (Skid Row) - 4:00pm
Friars and Sisters of the Franciscans Poor of Jesus Christ, an order which is being established in the Los Angeles, is leading bi-weekly Sunday outreach to the Skid Row (one of the largest stable populations, between 5,000 and 8,000, of homeless people in the United States). Join Fabiola Acosta's team in reaching out to the homeless and form relationships with the unreached poor for the purpose of preaching the Gospel with hands and words.
Contact Fabiola Acosta: email@example.com